Thursday, February 20, 2014

"The Mountain and the Mantis"





“We are not heard for our many words, but for the cry of our hearts.”
John F. MacArthur Jr., Alone With God

Climbing over the mountain, the mountain that was white
I now find myself in the land of reality
So I cast a pebble on the pond, the sacred pond
And though my reflection is now disturbed
I feel better now, though this may sound absurd
But you don't have to tell me that she's already out there
And I will be forever in her care
You don't have to tell me that she's already out there
Because I already know

I won't say her name; I leave it unspoken
The problem with her is that she's never been broken
And it's all for laughter that we talk right now
But if she could take my head off, she'd do it some how
So maybe you're not the one and maybe I was mistaken
Because everything I build, you just keep breaking


- Calvin "Cheese Grits" Yerke

0 comments:

Post a Comment