Thursday, February 20, 2014

"The Band That Didn't Happen"



Maybe it was never meant to be or just a form of OCD that compels me to think of things in rhyme or song, but not a band. If my finger is tapping on the keys then I have to finish something. What? A pattern I guess, a story or proper end to a verse. The scariest thing is when it turns from a poem, to a short story, or God forbid a novel that I freeze up in; or I am challenged by so many opposing ideas or other pressing issues at work or life in general. Yet to follow this trail offers its own release and to share  and receive feedback all the more. 

I was that guy, not so long ago, who refused to carry a cell phone or to use FaceBook, but my journey into Cyber Space has connected me to some of the most wonderful people. Some of the people I already knew or at least thought I did. I have seen many of my professional acquaintances in the new light of their talents and interests, and connected with people I thought long lost from my past. So why I was so slow to do this? I don't know, but I hope you will join me and I hope you enjoy this sight.

So, I am somewhat of a dinosaur, but I'm learning and Catfish and Cheese Grits never became a band, but I can still share songs on here and so can you.


0 comments:

Post a Comment