Monday, February 24, 2014

"Flowers on Weeds"



Stay the night and be there still in the morning
Stay the night and everyone after that 
Eyes like a fire, she will burn you boy
Don't really mean to, but she's killing you and you're destroyed
Little wonder why I love you, you've got so much inside
Little wonder why I'm leaving; I've got too much to hide

- Calvin "Cheese Grits" Yerke

We say we want people to love us, but we are too afraid to reveal who we are. So when they say they know you, how does it feel to remain unknown? If every relationship you start is under false pretenses then who do you really love? My name is Calvin, and I am afraid of not doing things well, or having my writing judged as trite. I am scared of failing, but I am willing to let you see me. This is who I am.

0 comments:

Post a Comment