Saturday, February 22, 2014

"The Least"



I was walking down the street, feeling all alone
When from the shadows in an alley, I heard a man grown
Not thinking of the man, but only for me
I started to run, but then heard his plea
"Sir, please don't leave," I heard him cry
"For I have been mugged and beaten, and left to die."
So I ran into the dark, forgetting my fear
And the old man smiled and wiped away a tear
"Forgive me,' I said, 'for taking so long
My fear overtook me, and I know it was wrong"
He said,"Don't feel bad for I've seen many today
Your not the only person, who has passed this way"

-Calvin "Cheese Grits" Yerke

We all imagine ourselves heroes, waiting for the worst case scenario when we'll rise to the occasion and save the day. But what about all the  missed alleys of opportunities in between?

0 comments:

Post a Comment