Thursday, February 20, 2014

"Water"





That He might sanctify her, having cleansed her by the washing of water with the Word - Eph 5:26
Sit alone, I never know just what to say
Better still, I write my will; they won't remember me
I see
And lying at the water's edge, the tide is coming quickly
On her back, her eyes are closed, I hope she's just pretending
Because she's lying in the water and I wish that I could save her
She's lying in the water, I wish that I could stop her
Mom said better days will come; I just wonder where they went
But I gotta say watching you drown was never my intent
But I'd miss you, girl, and I love you
So I stayed, and I waited and I hated it
Now here you are; you've had your fill, the water calm and still
I asked you why you changed your mind
And you point to some dead guy on a hill
Who is he
Because she was lying in the water, and I couldn't save her
She's no longer in the water, so now she thinks that I'm the one whose drowning


- Calvin "Cheese Grits" Yerke




0 comments:

Post a Comment