Wednesday, March 12, 2014

"You Are What You Eat"





A wonderful fact to reflect upon, that every human creature is constituted to be that profound secret and mystery to every other. - Charles Dickens

Just a little food for thought, about the things we're not
To each other I suppose, like color or clothes
Take your plate and sit down here beside me
We'll talk and you can help me find me
I've been sick and lost my constitution
But feel better now with new resolutions
Darwin tells me that were different based on evolution
And I was once tied up in his confusion

This Scotsman, but only in part, some German with a whole lot of heart
A six sided blue star, with two bars, following a man with deep scars
And as I sit here and listen to your story taking all the steps back a priori
Someone's ranting about color and shade, but I love it, you were beautifully made
I look beside me and we're not so different, I'm glad you finally decided to sit
After all, we are what eat, so today we're all catfish and cheese grits

Calvin "Cheese Grits" Yerke


0 comments:

Post a Comment