Tuesday, March 11, 2014

"The Problem With Super Heroes"


I came upon a lion and victory was sweet
Tested by 1000; I served them up defeat
The edge of sword I mocked, with donkey's bone and laughter
I send the jackal to them with fire chasing after
Whole armies shake before me, my name is now a warning
And as the sun comes up I brake the cords of morning
When military might could not, a woman went to war
One fateful night, I said too much, my pride lays on the floor
They now laugh like I once did, their jester I've become
I look to her for nourishment, her face turns cold and numb
Now I turn the wheel of brokeness, a case of misplaced trust
I grind the grains of sorrow, blinded by my lust
And though I don't deserve to, I call upon your name
One more time, your strength Lord, so they don't forget my name

Calvin "Cheese Grits" Yerke

0 comments:

Post a Comment