Tuesday, March 18, 2014

"Take This Journey With Me"



Let's start at the beginning and work our way through slowly
Open to "In the" and everything worth knowing
Take this journey with me, we walk on words, I'm going
We'll meet a talking snake wrapped around of tree of gain
We can trade our innocence for arrogance and pain
I need you to come with me in case anything goes wrong
So I can point my finger at you, but that won't last for long
But don't worry, it's not over yet, this only sets the stage
Don't give up, there's more yet, so go on turn the page
No longer can we stay here; the garden chapter closed
Now we've witnessed the first murder; a brother dead to blows
The patriarchs are counted; and one of them does not return to dust
He had this testimony that he walked with God in trust
But long before he left here, he passed his seed along
We'll follow it tomorrow; the story must go on

Calvin "Cheese Grits" Yerke

I'm doing a blog called "The Whole Book" which will be a journey through the Bible cover to cover. I am taking it in small chunks, and referencing to other passages as we go along. This is important because scripture should not be taken out of context and treated like a book of spells; it is God's word. The best interpretation for a verse is usually the passage context and scripture whole. The Bible is used to interpret the Bible. I will probably at times also quote from authors that I trust as I am not a student of the Greek or Hebrew, and I like the counsel of men who have spent there whole lives trying not to mess up what God has said through his prophets in scripture. I welcome you and your comments to my blog and I will answer you honestly and to the best of my ability, but that answer may often times be that I don't know. I hope you will join me and you do not have to be a believer to do so, God Bless, Calvin

0 comments:

Post a Comment