Friday, June 6, 2014

The Tannic Race

Race Runner

Feeling restless today so I went back out again
To make up for my earlier attempts at exercise
I went somewhere else, down by the red water
But I was not the only runner and much to my surprise
I ran in to this guy
His technique was a little different, short spurts of blinding speed
But for the second time today, one stopped so I had to take the lead
And then I ran to the tannic flat, at the end of the Crooked Creek
A short spurt for sure, but it left me with red cheeks
And on my way back out again I chose to follow scrubs
Which took me from the shade of trees into this desert hub
And finally now convinced by sun, I leave to find my car
So thirsty now, my head is pounding and fluid seems so far

Calvin "Cheese Grits" Yerke





0 comments:

Post a Comment