Thursday, May 8, 2014

Carry Me



There is a smile you have when someone loves you
And its not because you've been or done your best

Not since you run faster, or that there is no one stronger
And not because your smarter than the rest

You didn't win a race, and your will was not imposed
You even tested boundaries, to see what love could hold

But there was nothing you could do that had not been done already
Love has been rejected and love has felt the cold

And this love I have for you is better than my own
It comes from wells much deeper than nature could contain

Its humble and unassuming, it does not leave the heart alone
And it has never sacrificed the truth for superficial gain

So when I tell you that your wrong or there's room here to improve
My love has not forgotten you, it cannot help but care

And though you press to prove me wrong in this
There is nothing, absolutely nothing, to big for love to bare

Calvin "Cheese Grits" Yerke









0 comments:

Post a Comment